Tuesday, July 22, 2008

California student aid - Cal grants

Cal grants help you to get Cash for College.

There are two reasons why Cal Grants of the smartest ways to get free money for college:
  • You don't have to pay back money.
  • The money is guaranteed.

Can I apply for cal grants? - Yes, if you:
  • A graduating high school senior.
  • Recent graduate.
  • Meet academic, financial and eligibility requirements.
  • submit two forms by March 2.

How Much Money can I get with Cal grants?
  • Up to $9,700 a year.

You can use the money to pay your college expenses at any qualifying California college, university or career or technical school in California and you don't have to pay it back.

How to apply for cal grants?
  • Submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) between January 1 and March 2.
  • submit a verified Cal Grant GPA anytime between November and the March 2 deadline - you may download a GPA Verification form online.
  • If you meet the income, eligibility, and GPA requirements, the cash is yours. The best part is, you can fill out the FAFSA online.

Cal grants available:
  • Cal Grant A - Used for tuition and fees at public and private colleges as well as some private career colleges.
  • To get this Cal Grant, you need to be working toward a two-year or four-year degree.
  • Cal Grant B -Provides low-income students with a living allowance and assistance with tuition and fees.
  • Cal Grant C - Helps pay for tuition and training costs at occupational or career colleges.

Get your cal grants now

No comments: